Sunday, September 3, 2017

Challenge 4 - Africa!



After some fun research, I took my inspiration
 from these two pieces that I found on the internet to create my design.


But first, let me show you what I began with. This is  "cast-off" print left over from some stenciling play using the small flower from the Floral Facets stencil collection by Carol Wiebe from StencilGirl. I had misted the stencil with some spray paint and being one not to waste anything I had pressed it onto a gesso'd art journal page. which left a faint design.

It also gave me Some texture in the form of crackling.

I was happy that I was able to keep the crackling, it even shows up slightly through the yellow paint.

And don't be surprised to see me do more beading along the edges of my journal pages like this cause I really love it. Doing it this way gives me an awesome embellishment without adding any bulk to my pages.



Warm, bright colors ๐Ÿ‘
Repeated ethnic patterns๐Ÿ‘
Charms, pearls, metallic wire…๐Ÿ‘
Words or text๐Ÿ‘
Textures, cracks, rust effect...๐Ÿ‘



1 comment:

Jean said...

This is perfect! I am behind!