Wednesday, March 15, 2017

February #ARTifact - Bearfootin' Bear

artifact an object made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.
Cultural artifact, anything created by humans which gives information about the culture of its creator and users.


I am joining in on Seth Apter's #ARTifacts. It's a collaborative project for 2017 documenting adventures in art and since I have so much going on right now I figure this will be a great year to record. We are suppose to make a physical artist book to hold these memories so I am going to make a toilet paper cardboard tube booklet with removable tags.

This is my first time making one of these tube booklets and I was surprised how small it is... ( not sure why ) lol

StencilGirl stencils:
Decorative Filigree Ornament stencil, designed by Gwen Lafleur
Planner Spiral Notes 4 stencil by Mary Beth Shaw
ColourArte paint:


I have  am learning that it is harder to use a manual typewriter than I remember! Technology has once again spoiled me but I still love using it. The bottom portion of the tag is a bit messed up and I'll have to tape the tag to a sheet of paper next time instead of just sticking the tag into the platen.
( the cylindrical roller in a typewriter against which the paper is held )
I had to look that up :)

I have a little catching up to do, making the cover and making one for January but I think I'll be able to catch up quickly.

Visit HERE to see what everyone made for February, it's quite interesting :)

3 comments:

Jean said...

What a fun project!

Pam said...

Can't wait to see your bear! I know it ill be beautiful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Ineke said...

I'very got on old olive this now. Typing is hard work!