Sunday, November 1, 2015

Read with a grain of Salt...and a margarita

I love making sassy/snarky quote books for my friends, and they seem to love them too. They are meant to make you smile and laugh not to hurt or offend anyone!!


I picked out on of my favorite pages from the book to enter into 

I love tearing away the top layer of corrugated cardboard to reveal all that yummy texture. I added some tissue paper, a little bit of torn gelli prints, washi tape, stencils and a cutout from a magazine and finished it off with my own handwriting. The other page has the exact same elements except it uses a stamped image instead of a magazine image.

IF you want to see the rest of the book: I made a short slideshow of it.

11 comments:

Pam said...

Fabulous! The images the penmanship, the sentiments, all fabulous!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

christi said...

love it, some of the quotes are new to me, i may have to borrow. i'm sure your friend will enjoy. love the mixed media. i must know, what came first the quote or the page?

Bubble Art, Inc said...

Sandee, I ADORE this idea and love all of your juicy rich texture! What a fabulous gift idea!! Thank you for sharing your art - it makes me smile!

SandeeNC said...

Kinda the quotes, I knew what I was going to make before hand, I just love sassy quotes, lol

kmd said...

Love the sayings! Especially rolling the eyeballs!

Marlene said...

This little book is super, love the art, the sayings and especially the all the fabulous artfully fantastic pages!!

Arty Auntie said...

This is awesome, Sandee. I have a whole journal dedicated to the snarky and sassy "quotes" -- you know, those things we think but won't say out loud or online. Sharing these sentiments with your close besties in this way is a wonderful answer to "getting it out" without offending. Great job!

Deanna said...

Absolutely love this!

Donna B. said...

HaHa-gorgeous page!! I love all the texture. Thank so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Rachel said...

LOOOOOOVE!!!!! you turned a mini book into a snarky texture filled piece of mixed media yumminess! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Salnclts said...

Beautiful!!