Thursday, June 18, 2015

The June Garden

This is the third picture in my garden series where I am taking a picture, once a month to record the changes. It also will help me in seeing what plants I need to buy for color for a particular month. I have new additions to the garden, a water fountain added by the apartment complex for me, a bench that is being slowly mossed that I found in a junk yard, and I rearranged the layout to allow people more access into the garden after discovering a woman walking through the flowers to check out the bench. 
The main flower blooming is the orange "ditch lily" or "roadside lily".
Planted astilbe, starting to bloom.
Seedlings of Zinnias coming up.
Primrose has begun to bloom.
Marigolds doing better on the west side of the garden, noticing more that the east side is considerably more shaded.
Weed, weed, and weed again is the motto for this month along with watering.

 May when the Blue Flag lilies were blooming, you can't see them very well because the color blue recedes into the landscape from a distance which is how I enjoy my garden for the most part. I need something to help the pop out more...maybe something yellow blooming. 

3 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

It's lovely to see Sandee what your garden looks like in June in such a different climate zone to ours. Gardening is such a nuturing passion isn't it?

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Where did the red go? So yellow.. qhat qouls u get for a yellow bloom???

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

The garden looks lovely