Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Try it on Tuesday - Handmade Flowers


Challenge 10th September - Hand made flowers

Trying a new adventure for the Art MoB, making prayer journals. If they don't sell, then I'll donate them to the children's Christmas fund, but hopefully someone will like them.


First, I traced ( yes, ::gasp:: traced ) the flowers onto the painted cover. Then colored in the flowers with acrylic paint. Next, I traced a couple of the flowers onto a light orangey-yellow card stock and fussy cut them out. After adhering them onto the cover I covered them with stickles and while wet, slightly bent the edges of the petals upward and let them dry curled. I added 3 different size gems, one into the center of each flower.

Helmar - 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, Gemstone Glue
Ranger - Distress Paint, stickles, liquid pearls
Dylusions White Linen
( loving this white spray, it shows up on everything, even on top of yellow! )
Apple Barrel - acrylic paint
Copics - marker ( binding and outlining )

also entering my Prayer Journal into:

Anything But a Card - #27 Hit the Books
{my sweet earth}- September Create to Live Challenge
Made with Repix (http://repix.it)

11 comments:

Jean said...

Love the colors on this!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

these flowers are just perfect

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely prayer journal, I might copy the idea to make one for Debbie. I love flowers and layout. Hugs from the hills of North Yorkshire. Hugs Bee

Meggymay said...

Beautiful book cover, love the flowers and the happy colours you used.
Yvonne x

Claudia N. said...

Lovely flowers, lovely colours....lovely everything! What a beautiful make, Sandee!

I cannot imagine why anyone could NOT like them!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Katie said...

Wow! I cannot believe you traced those flowers! That is a lot of work. But it all looks beautiful. Especially the colors you chose.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal is beautiful! Valerie

Pam said...

This is just beautiful Sandee!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sandee, love the colours you've used on this. Fabulous flowers.
Avril xx

MaryH said...

Love the autumn feel on this journal. Sounds like a very good idea to make a prayer journal...surely we can all use one of these. Loved the traced on flowers and the fussy cuts you added. TFS

Mrs Beez said...

This is so beautiful, I'm sure you will sell them. I love the colours and all the little embellishments you have added. Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.