Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ambrosial: adjective

extremely pleasing to the senses, especially of taste or smell
pronunciation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little Scrap Pieces - #33 Seeing Red 
Last night I was at a 40th Anniversary party for a friend of mine, and this is the card that I made for them. It was hard to create an anniversary card using the color red, but rubies (red) represent the 40th year so even though it was a struggle I had to do it.

I used one of my gelli prints for the heart, I liked the contrasting colors and the weathered wood feel it has to it. I hand stitched around the edges.

I made some bacon deviled eggs and a pineapple/ham cheese ball to take to the party. :) It might not have been ambrosial to the senses, but it tasted pretty darn good, guess what I'll be having for lunch today? lol




8 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

Hi sandee it looks pretty good to me 40 years is quite an acheivement
Janet

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card - I love the Gelli Plate heart! Your food looks yummy! xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card to celebrate a special occasion.
Yvonne x
p.s. like the look of that plate of food, yum.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Great card. Ohh, I love deviled eggs!!!

Peace
Kay

Mimi said...

Wow! Very unique.

Thanks for joining the Cardztv Design Team
Cathy
http://mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

Gosh, that is a pretty card. The print that you used for the heart is striking. Now, I wish I was sitting with you eating those yummy treats! They look delicious!

Melissa said...

Very pretty, gr8t job! Thanks for joining CTVS!

Karen said...

love the colors of the heart really pops against the red. Thanks for joining the ctvs challenge. Karen