Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tomfoolery: noun

playful or foolish behavior

-----------------------------------------------------------

12 tags of 2013 – july…

Ranger Products
Distress stains - barn door, broken china
Distress stains - barn door, vintage photo 
( I did purchase the brushed pewter stain, but discovered too late that it does not show up on top of the darker red, but it does add a nice shimmer )
Ideology - grunge paper, tissue tape,word bands
Distress Crackle Paint


OK, so totally veered off course on this one, but I had fun :) and that's what matters!
I am hoping that what matters is trying a new technique and checking out a new product, if that is the case, then I have been successful, even if my wall hanging does not resemble his tag.
( It's also pouring down rain, so the picture is affected, will take another one to replace this as soon as I get a little sunshine, I'm just trying to make the deadline as I am squeaking in here.)

I did try the red, white and blue streaked background with the brayer, but did not like how mine turned out so I used a stencil and modeling paste to create a layer, then covered it with distress stain hoping to soften the red and blue. Didn't like that either so I uses a layer of tissue paper over it.

I did manage to keep 2 elements in the piece, the open cut chipboard at the top and a border element on the bottom. It was the first time I have ever inked over the crackling, so I did manage to learn something new, and that's what is important, right? ( nod head yes please )

other products:
Faber Castell - Big Brush pen
Cricut - Paper Trimmings p. 36
Golden - gel medium, molding paste
Crafters Workshop - TCW97, TCW201S

also entering this in:
Creative Inspirations: Inspired by anything goes


3 comments:

Pam said...

Great tags Sandee! Love all of the different techniques you used.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the summery feeling of your take on TH's tag. The pinkish red looks marvelous against the creamy background. I always like to veer from what he does too, because they are much more unique. I altered the umbrella man for mine, so he's now holding a flag I cut out myself. Blessings!

Kimberly S said...

This is such a pretty wall hanging! Love the colors and the pretty butterflies. Thanks so much for joining in on the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge!