Thursday, April 4, 2013

Test your Memory


What word begins with "p" and completes this sentence from a former Word of the Day piece: "Anna told us she was tired of engaging in __________ work and longed to do something meaningful with her life"?


answer at bottom of post...no cheating :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #88 Humor
Card Makin' Mamas - Challenge No Pattern Paper
2 Creative Chicks - Challenge #1 Mother's Day


It's been a really long time since I used stickers and doodling to make a card....made me think back to the time when we used decorative scissors and glue sticks too, :)  It was actually kind of fun to create and sure was easy to make. Seems like cards are a lot more work these days, like little LO's, so this was rather refreshing.

( I did alter the Prima flower a little bit, I removed the pearl and replaced it with the yellow gem so that it would match better to the flowers on the sticker border. )
 
American Crafts - Slick Writers
Prima - flower
EK Success - gem sticker
Kanagroo & Joey - stickers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never get these answers, lol I think I am brain dead! ;)
 
The answer is:
 
paltry
( inferior, trivial )

21 comments:

Neesie said...

Confession time Sandee...yep you guessed it...I cheated! (Gasp)
My brain just happens to be mush at the moment from overdosing on that wicked stuff called chocolate.
(By the way hope you had a great Easter...I'm seriously comtemplating elasticated troos)

It's been ages since I called around to your place. I now realise that something is wrong because although I'm a follower I don't get to see your posts unless I remember and physically visit!
So I've got a lot to catch up on... ;D
Love that little bug...he's the cutest bug I've ever seen! The sentiment is so perfect too.
Clever you :D
Waving from a chillier autumnal Melbourne! xoxo

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, I didn't work it out either - far too early in the morning here for my brain to be warmed up but your card did make me smile, it is very pretty! Hugs, Anne x

Lin said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our humour challenge. Thanks also for bearing with us with the link moderating thing. Sadly it became necessary because of the large number of people who appeared to not have bothered to read our challenge requirements. Good luck!

I am happy to note that no matter where we are in the world, our Mum's have all occasionally given us a kick up the rear....

Love the little touches of red on the card, they really lift it.

Lin xx

Winnie said...

So adorable! Something sweet about ladybugs! I had to add them to my card the other day! I love how you used your doodling around the card, such a great look. You keep me on my toes with your quizzes too, I didn't get this one, but when I saw the answer the "light" came on. ha

Jean said...

Love the doodling! Super cute card!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a perfect card! love it!!

ria gall said...

what a cute card and sometimes it is good to come back to the quick and easy even if just for the fun element.
Very cute
Ria

Nana said...

What a cute card. Love the ladybug and stitching. Very bright and cheerful.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Migdalia said...

Such a Beautiful card!The doodling and stamp are just SWEET!I LOVE it
would love if you linked your card over at 2 Creative Chicks...
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Nana said...

What I said earlier. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Migdalia said...

Thanks for linking up at 2 Creative Chicks.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Meggymay said...

Fantastic Mum's card. Love the words. Thanks for sharing it with us at CCM as well.
Yvonne x

Suze Bain said...

A great sentiment and fabulous doodling! A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

Rita said...

Cute ladybug card!
I had no clue but "peon" came to mind--LOL! Similar. ;)

Karen said...

Adorable great colors...don't have to test my memory...I don't have one any more :)....Karen

MaryH said...

A very sweet card. Well thought out. I didn't come up with paltry either!!! TFS & testing my brain. Hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I put some alpha stickers on a book page today and before I could get it scanned, somewhere between my craft room and office, I lost one of the stickers. Now I know why I hate stickers. But I agree that cards made by card makers now days are usually over the top.

And I'm still stuck in that decorative scissors and glue stick era.

Kristi said...

So cute!

fionalawlor said...

Such a sweet card! Your doodling looks great :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Humour" challenge.
Fiona x

Katie said...

My memory stinks :( I couldn't get paltry!

But your card doesn't stink - it rocks! I love the doodling and the ladybug.

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Very nice job! From your 2 Creative Chicks Guest DT
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers:)