Tuesday, October 30, 2012

eclectic: adjective

selecting or choosing from various sources
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I fell in love with the saying.....
 that was the easy part. This one was a struggle for me.
 
First I had hand stitched around the vellum and then I had hand lettered the sentiment
and. messed. up.
 It was not even.
 
 So I tore away the inside of the vellum, leaving the outside stitching in place. Filled the void in with black paint, then using Ranger's Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, I stamped a paisley design and embossed it. Placed an "eclectic" mix of lettering on top of that and then coated it with Delta Creamcoat Gloss Enamel. ( to make sure they stickers stay stuck! )
 
I recycled the moon from a box of Moon Pies, lol. Popped it and the stars up with some Helmars Liquid Scrap dots. Doodled on the moon with my Faber Castell Pitt Pens and used Ranger's stickles to decorate the moon and the stars. The stars were cut from Cricut's Doodlecharms cartridge.
I lined the edge where the vellum meets the paint with white yarn ( with Aleene's Tacky Glue ) and then covered the yarn with Ranger's stickles, just LOVE the look of that. Will have to use it again, looks like foam and still feels soft....well actually kinda crunchy soft, if there is such a thing!

entering this in:
 
Anything But a Card Challenge 5, to incorporate black into your project
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather update:

This is day 3 of continuing wind....

Hurricane Sandy is still giving us sustained winds of 16 mph with gusts up to 38 mph. It's constant with no relief. Luckily last night we only had one power flicker, but flashlights have been pulled out and placed in strategic areas. I am lucky that my balcony faces the south direction so I haven't had to pull anything major from it. Clematis's bungee cord is secured and my big fern is not on it's usual hanger, but that's all I've had to do. We won't have ANY leaves left on the trees by Wednesday; it's cold....wondering if we will get any snow?



11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This looks great and is a sure seller at the Art MOB!
Love the look of the yarrn glued in place and then stickled.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Gorgeous wall hanging! The rhyme is so sweet and I love the wee Dreams charm you have on the cord.

I couldn't find the video link, but wishing you safe through the current storm. :0)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my golly this is adorable!!

wwilloww said...

I love your wall hanging!!! Great creativity in replacing the vellum...LOL My big concern is that I am not seeing/hearing the wind you posted earlier and today the video of the wind. Do you have any idea what's wrong??? Maybe it's time to ask my geek IT kids... LOL

Katie said...

This is great!

Pat N. said...

OMG, I love this wall hanging, Sandee! Fabulous. Hope you weathered the storm as well as I did--only 1 small tree was downed, and we didn't even lose power.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Thinking of you in USA with this horrible cyclone Sandy.
Love those Halloween creations.
Judy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun piece! I enjoyed hearing how it came into being. I am going to have to steal the yarn glued down and covered with stickles idea! I have done the yarn glued down before but with glitter glue?!??!?!! Now that rocks!

I love lots of wind, but yeah, methinks what you've got going on would get old real quick.

Margaret said...

This was such an interesting post to read! I love how you shared each step and ended up with such a beautiful and sweet creation! The moon and stars look amazing against the black sky. The yarn/stickles creation sounds intriguing. I think I need to try that! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC!

Julia S-W said...

So hope you're still ok there Sandee! Glad the plants are secured too.
What a gorgeous little project you've made - I so love that rhyme too. How clever you are with your recycling too. I love that moon of yours - he's got a kind face, I often used to think moon faces were scary as a child! The other great thing here is all that gorgeous sparkle - just loving it!
Thanks so much for joining us again at Anything But A Card.

Deena said...

Thank you for joining in with Anything But A Card "incorporate black" challenge this week! This project has such fabulous textures and colours in it! love it all!