Sunday, March 25, 2012

pinning: transitive verb

to fasten, attach, or secure something with a pin


I am going to try and make Sunday a day that I show what I have made from being inspired by Pinterest. I love the ideas I have been getting there, so much fun goodness to share with everyone!

I have been working this 'succulent' color palette into some elements on my back porch. It comes from Design Seeds, and when pinning or blogging, always, always try and give credit to whence it came from!

For my project I also got an excellent idea from this pin, no source given :( What I liked from this picture was the title they added to the binding.
Pinned Image

So from those, came this, which I am going to use on my back porch, under a potted plant. I love my porch and it is definitely my "happy place", so hence the title. I sealed it up, gesso'd and painted it like Elizabeth taught us to do over at Altered Book Lover, and in simplistic terms, it is an AB.
( and yes, my book is more purple...oh well, might try and tone it down later to a more muted tone )

Letter Envy cartridge
Don Juan cartridge
Then I have been wanting to make this from Make it and Love it, and if you want to make one then hop on over to that site and it has a tutorial:
Pinned Image
This is my version, I used a basket weave paper ( not because it's Easter ) but because I have a rooster/chicken theme kitchen and that's where I hang my charger up. See...right under that rooster night light!

Maya Road - flower
Helmar 450 adhesive
paper from stash
Now I am going to make another one cause this one is a little too small! It works but it take some maneuvering to get it all in there, but I LOVE the no cords!!


Then the last project isn't 'pinned' inspired. It kinda comes from doing the AB, and I have all these pages from the book sitting around so I thought I would mod podge this little cutie and sit him out in my "flower garden". He originally was a Christmas ornament that I was going to get rid of but I think she now has a new life on my porch. 
This is the planter it sits in, and those pansies are left over from last year!! man, they are blooming like crazy!! Usually I don't get 2 seasons from annuals but that shows you how mild a winter we had!
So if you pin, and made something from it, I would LOVE to see what you've done! Please share a link to your project so everyone can visit too!
I hope y'all are having a great week end and happy pinning! :)

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow, what a great mobile phone holder! I must try that one and loving the pansies, they are gorgeous, nice burst of Spring colour. Thanks for sharing.

Inkyfingers said...

Wow I love the nest sitting in your planter and I can see it just was waiting for the right birdie to come along! Great idea for the mobile phone holder too and I love the glimpse out of the window onto your gorgeous garden.

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Love the idea of a book as a garden ornament - fab work! Love the phrase 'porch therapy' too - it's been sunny this weekend, so been out in my garden reading again. Take care, Deb x

Anonymous said...

I love the phone holder! What an awesome idea!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

That's a Great idea!! One I'll have to try for my charger for sure!!
Love the flowers, beautiful, just beautiful!!!

Carole W. said...

I want to come hang out on your cute back porch!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gotta love the bird's nest and darling bird you have added to it. Now I'm even more impressed with your art. It's always fun to watch someone take potential trash and turn it into something awesome. A perfect use for the now defunct Christmas ornament and leftover pages from your AB.

Talk about MILD. Our winter was so mild, it didn't even snow. Not ONCE.

~Tammy~ said...

Now that is upcyclying! Your porch area is so beautiful! That nest is awesome! I want one!!!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful post! I love the idea for the used book and I'm thinking how I can adapt that to use in the library I work in. The phone holder is lovely, so much nicer than the plastic ones you can buy. What I love most though is your birds nest and bird (did you make the bird? Is it paper mache?). Beautiful! Suzannex

Becky said...

I love how you're making use of your pins! That phone holder is awesome!! We love our porch too and have been spending a lot of time on it here lately!!