Monday, January 16, 2012

fun: noun

pleasure, gaiety, or merriment

 My lucky day! This big boy landed on my balcony to have a little snack. In case you don't know this guy, it's a Pileated Woodpecker, and he's a pretty good size bird. There were actually 2 of them out in the woods this morning, so not only was it the first time I've had one this close but also the first time that I've seen 2 at one time!
Our photography group met this morning in downtown Asheville to focus on assignment which was repetitive shapes. We always have a good time together, laughing and joking around plus taking pictures! We walked up and down alleys and behind buildings to try and find some interesting pictures. This is one of my favorites with the graffiti painted on the window panes.






me ;) taken by my friend Shirley
















...and then we finished up the morning with lunch at the Mellow Mushroom.  Yum!

All in all, it was a very good day!

2 comments:

Pat N. said...

Wow, what a great picture of that woodpecker! He is quite sizable, isn't he? If you don't see any comments from me, it's because I've had issues when trying to comment over the last 3-4 days; not that I haven't been trying!--pat

Menggambar Vektor said...

awasome......