Thursday, January 12, 2012

extreme: adjective

Extending far beyond the norm

I have discovered that some people out there are stickle snobs...::gulp::...can you believe it? They don't like the look of them and look down on people that use them. Well, I am just a little country girl ( think Dolly Parton here ) who LOVES blingy things, big hair, and wishes I had big boobs! Well we can't have everything so I am happy that I can have my stickles! I was over on Rangers blog and ran across this the other day and it just put a big fat smile on my face! You gotta watch it, they do have fun over there! Why can't I find a job with creative fun type people? ::sigh::


ExtremeSticklingLogo

onto the challenges:

This challenge is to use your cutting tools, I tried to use several different techniques. On the background paper I used a dulled pair of scissors to rough up/distress the edges. I really like this effect and use it quite often. Next, I 'fussy cut' out a snow flake from the same paper using my finger tip knife. I do advise a fresh new blade anytime you plan to cut detailed shapes. Also a favorite thing for me to do is to embellish the cut outs, this one with stickles and a flocked brad in the center of the snowflake. Lastly I took out a dusty pair of of scallop scissors and made a trim to go around the sentiment flag.
A not so used technique anymore!

paper- Creative Imaginations, Snowflake
brad- Little Yellow Bicylce, Girl
Rangers stickles- silver
sentiment rub on - Annie's Attic card kit
floss- Anchor Marlitt
ribbon- Kreinik Metallics
lace- Fancy Pants Icing Ribbon
pop dots, finger tip knife - Fiskars

This challenge is a color challenge using the colors blue, silver and white. I love the mix of these colors but for me they only conjure up 2 themes....Hanuka and snow. So I chose snow as I am really hoping we get some of the fluffy white stuff. I'm not liking the mild winter we have been having, all the plants are going to start budding and then we are not going to have a pretty spring....oh I regress, sorry...anyway, I used the image  from Cricut to create a shaped card and it all came together quickly. I didn't put a sentiment on the front and that way I have a 'generic' card that I can send out to anyone as needed.
Winter Wonderland cartridge, p. 32
paper- DCW Shimmer Stack ( silver )
blue paper - misc.
gemstones - Hero Arts
white pen - Reminisce
white rubber mesh, silver cord - Annie's Attic card kit
floss - DMC
Rangers stickles - blue

so how's those New Years Resolutions going?

11 comments:

Creative Diva said...

Cute snowflake. Thanks for playing along with us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

Lovely cards Sandee. Your first one has that vintage look. nice. The second one for DCD fits the color theme perfectly. Very nice!--Pat N.

Marlena M. said...

Ooooh, your cards are gorgeous Sandee. ;)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love those snowflakes--very pretty!

Jennipher said...

Love what you created with the Winter Woodland cartridge! Nicely done. Thanks for playing with the DCD's.

Georgiana said...

How pretty. I like leaving my cards blank too. You always need "Just Because" cards. Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week. Hope you will again.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Kalea Wavedancer said...

*sheepishly grins* I used to hate Stickles. BUT that was before I used them. I had been ruined by the other glitter glue things that dried up and exploded on you. Now I love them!

Cre8tiveVet said...

I just love snowflakes!!! You did a great job on our color challenge. thanks for joining us at DCD.
-Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Candy said...

Your cards are beautiful! You are a girl after my own heart! I just LOVE stickles. You can never have too much bling and your hair can never be too big. LOL
Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cuttin' Divas.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sandee! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sandee! Thanks also for linking this up to the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)